TRANSPEC GT OIL MANFEILD OPEN DAY SERIES – ROUND 1
SUNDAY 11th February 2024
Prior to entering please ensure you have read the event description*
Start your Motorsport career at this Clubsport Basic Event. Anyone 12 years and older can have a go (conditions apply)
Supplementary Regulations HERE
It’s you against the clock, against the track.
- A run consists of an out-lap, flying start, three hot-laps and an in-lap.
- The single fastest lap of the day counts towards the competition.
- Points are awarded to the first 30 drivers. At the end of the series in November prizes will be awarded to the top three points scorers in each class, as well as the top points scorer overall.
- No previous competition experience required.
- Expert guidance given to new drivers before the first runs.
Full series calendar:
- Round 1 Sunday 11th February
- Round 2 Sunday 14th July
- Round 3 Sunday 15th September
- Round 4 (Final) Sunday 3rd November. Prizegiving follows the event.
- NAFWD- normally aspirated front-wheel-drive
- NARWD- normally aspirated rear-wheel-drive
- FI2WD+NA2WD over 3500cc- forced induction 2WD plus normally aspirated 2WD over 3500cc
- FI4WD- forced induction 4WD
Road cars, daily drivers, race cars, rally cars, BOS cars are all welcome provided they pass scrutineering. Fire extinguishers are not required, but recommended
- Check you car’s oil, water, fuel, brake fluid, tyres, wheel nuts, brake pads, bonnet latch etc. Put extra in a bit of extra engine oil to allow for oil surge on the turns
- After each run open the bonnet to let out the heat and check everything again
- Make sure you have plenty of fuel in the tank. Fuel surge can starve your engine and cause damage
- HAVE FUN!
We encourage you to buy the best protective gear you can. The requirements for Clubsport Basic can be found under Safety Critical Items HERE
As a minimum you need 100% cotton overalls with tight-fitting cuffs and collar, full-length cotton or woolen underwear and socks, leather shoes and a helmet that complies with MSNZ Schedule A. No flammable clothing such as lycra, nylon, microfibre, or similar for obvious reasons.
In-car fire extinguishers are not compulsory but highly recommended.