120 Kawakawa Road
BACK TRACK DRIFT TUTORING
Saturday 11th May 2024
Saturday 17th August 2024
Clubsport Basic Drift Tutoring are our ‘entry level to drifting’ events and are designed for those wanting to experience drifting in a safe, controlled environment.
These events are classified as Clubsport Basic and run under Manawatu Car Club Rules & Regulations.
ENTRY COST & REGISTRATION:
- Entry fee for non-members $180.00
- Entry fee for members of the MCC $160.00
- Entry and Registration to events can be found under the “Shop” menu once live, approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the event date.
Annual MCC Membership $90.00 – Click HERE to become a member
- Gates open from 7am.
- Scrutineering 7.30 till 8.45.
- Drivers Briefing 8:45
- Drifting starts from 9am to 4.30pm with a break for lunch around 12:30pm, followed by a tidy-up at the end of the day. It is most appreciated if participants help with clean up.
Entry to the Back Track is via the driveway next to the Manawatu Car Club clubrooms.
120 Kawakawa Road, Feilding
VEHICLE & DRIVER REQUIREMENTS:
VEHICLES AND DRIVER SAFETY GEAR ARE NOT SUPPLIED AND ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTICIPANT TO ORGANIZE.
- Your vehicle must be in a road worthy condition. No WOF is required, but must be up to WOF standard.
- If roll-caged it MUST be homologated.
- NO VENTED WASTEGATES. Screamer pipes are not permitted for Drift Tutoring Clubsport Basic events due to basic safety requirements for these events.
- Convertible vehicles must have approved roll protection.
- Rear wheel drive vehicles only. No AWD/4WD
- NO fluid leaks of any sort, from anywhere, at any cost
- Battery MUST be secured using 4x M6 8.8 bolts (if not factory position, Motorsport NZ approved mounting is required) Terminal must also be covered or insulated.
- Fire extinguisher is mandatory. Minimum of 0.9kg twin strap mounted within reachable distance of the driver. Must be mounted with 2x M6 8.8 bolts.
- Oil catch can if not factory – Must be of reasonable capacity.
- Seats and belts must be in good condition. If non-factory seats and belts are fitted (race seats and harnesses) these must meet MSNZ Schedule A standards.
- Solid brake pedal
- Door cards / no sharp edges interior and exterior
- All wheel nuts
- Fuel system and battery must be entirely separated from the cabin with a sealed firewall or box (if non factory)
- Front and rear tow hooks
- Drivers must have full 100% cotton overalls or race overalls and approved race helmet. It is not mandatory but gloves and race boots are recommended.
If you turn up with a car that doesn’t meet safety standards you will be asked to repair them before going on-track otherwise you risk missing out all together.