DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS THIS EVENT WILL RUN UNDER LEVEL 2 RULES
Start your Motorsport career at this Clubsport Basic Event. Anyone 12 years and older can have a go (conditions apply)
It’s you against the clock, against the track. A run consists of an out-lap, flying start, three hot-laps and an in-lap. The single fastest lap of the day counts towards the competition. Points are awarded to the first 30 drivers. At the end of the series in November, prizes will be awarded to the top three points scorers in each class, as well as the top points scorer overall. No previous competition experience required. Expert guidance given to new drivers.
- Before race day: Go to Event Payments Fill in the gaps and pay for your entry on our by DC and credit card. Discount for Manawatu Car Club members. NOTE: For Round 3 entries close Friday 17th September at 6:00pm. No late entries. If your name is not on the gate list you will be turned away.
- Scrutineering audits will be by Self Scrutiny of Vehicle Safety. You will be required to fill in this form Self-Scrutiny-of-Vehicle-Safety and forward it to the organisers.
- On race day: Documentation will be at the gate when you arrive. You will be issued with a transponder which MUST BE RETURNED after the event
Read the following Motorsport NZ Competition Indemnity By entering you acknowledge these conditions.
Supplementary Regulations HERE
- NAFWD normally aspirated front-wheel-drive
- NARWD normally aspirated rear-wheel-drive
- NA Under1400cc normally aspirated under 1400cc production car (new for 2021)
- FI+NA2WD over 3500cc forced induction plus normally aspirated two-wheel-drive over 3500cc
- Rookie new to competition in 2021
Road cars, daily drivers, race cars, rally cars, BOS cars are all welcome provided they pass scrutineering. Fire extinguishers are not required, but recommended
Full series calendar:
- Round 1 Saturday 10th April
- Round 2 Sunday 18th July
- Round 3 Sunday 19th September
- Round 4 Sunday 7th November. Prizegiving follows the event.
- Check you car’s oil, water, fuel, brake fluid, tyres, wheel nuts, brake pads, bonnet latch etc. Put extra in a bit of extra engine oil to allow for oil surge on the turns
- After each run open the bonnet to let out the heat and check everything again
- Make sure you have plenty of fuel in the tank. Fuel surge can starve your engine and cause damage
- HAVE FUN!
We encourage you to buy the best protective gear you can. The requirements for Clubsport Basic can be found under Safety Critical Items HERE
As a minimum you need 100% cotton overalls with tight-fitting cuffs and collar, full-length cotton or woolen underwear and socks, leather shoes and a helmet that complies with MSNZ Schedule A. No flammable clothing such as lycra, nylon, microfibre, or similar for obvious reasons. We have some gear you can hire on the day if necessary.